Come Join Madison's Best Care Team
We are passionate about serving our clients, Caregivers and community, and committed to providing high-quality care. We are skilled in the work we do, able to meet changing needs, and committed to working as a team to achieve our goals.
We know that a good Caregiver is friendly, compassionate, trustworthy, has a heartfelt motivation to help others, is dependable, can see what our clients need and is able to address those needs, has good communication skills and is responsive, can adjust to changing situations and can get along with a variety of personalities. If you have a passion to serve, apply today!
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
A Home Health Aide provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position has more qualifications than the Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant.
Pay Range: $11.00 - $14.00 Based on Experience
Benefits and Recognition
We provide straight-forward, competitive wages, great benefits including paid time off, rewards system, paid mileage and travel time, flexible scheduling to meet your needs. We pay time and a half for overtime and holidays, and caregivers are paid drive time and reimbursed mileage when driving between clients.Our management team is supportive of our clients and caregivers, accessible and responsive, we take on a hands-on approach to delivering the best care and being a resource for our caregivers. We have a commitment to training and development and give our team members opportunities to grow and recognition for the great work they do.
Our Right Rewards System gives our caregivers recognition for picking up shifts, dependability, helping on off-days, referring clients and caregivers and providing outstanding care to our clients. Caregivers can also receive performance bonuses and we celebrate contributions at our company parties.
Caregiver Referral Program
$50.00 Bonus when the Caregiver you refer works 50 hours and a $250.00 Bonus when they work 250 hours.
Training and Ongoing Education Opportunities
Caregivers go through orientation and additional training through our on-line training program. In addition, we have a "no stranger at your door" policy, which means any new meetings between client and caregiver involve an introduction by our office staff or experienced caregiver. This introduction includes training with the client, and training continues (potentially across multiple visits) until both the client and caregiver are comfortable.
We provide on-line training and have a Cognitive Support Program where our caregivers are provided specialized Alzheimer's and Dementia training; our caregivers can "experience" dementia through our DementiaLive(TM) training program; and we provide hands-on training for our caregivers who work with Alzheimer's and Dementia clients.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Preferred six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 75 hours of technical training including:
- Checking vitals
- Accu-check blood glucose levels
- Urine sugar and acetone level