Caregiver for Personal Care (Marin County, CA)
$20.00 - $27.00 per hour
A personal care attendant is a caregiver that provides various personal care services in accordance with an established plan of care and provides for the personal needs and comfort of clients in their homes throughout Marin County, California.
We are looking for skilled caregivers who want to make a real difference, who feel a sense of duty to help others and who want toBE ESSENTIAL! We have immediate full-time and part-time positions available.
Here’s Why Caregivers Like Working Us:
- Premium pay. Holiday pay, accrued sick time and direct deposit offered!
- Overtime paid on shifts greater than 9 hrs.
- Option to have an individual retirement plan
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid training program
- Tremendous work/life balance with Full and Part time flexible scheduling
- Caregiver recognition and appreciation incentives
- Client & Caregiver referral bonuses
- We work with Caregivers to match them based on availability and location preference
- Excellent orientation and support from management
Responsibilities and Duties
Performs personal care activities that assist the client with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, shaving, skin, and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
- Accompany patient on errands or medical appointments
Performs housekeeping activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
Performs client-specific activities. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Dementia care
- Medication reminders
- Assistance with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Incontinence care
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- CNAs encouraged to apply, but CNA licensure is not required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Have access to adequate transportation in order to get to and from the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license if transporting clients
- Basic caregiving training recommended, but not required.