Home Health Aide (Medina and Summit Counties)
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position has more qualifications than the Personal Care Assistant/Nurse Assistant.
Why Right at Home:
Right at Home is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We create a safe work environment and have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our seniors and adults with disabilities. 2019 Best of Home Care Employer of Choice. 2020 Caring.com Service Excellence Award.
Why Join Our Team:
- Do you have a passion for helping others?
- Do you have a calling to #BeEssential in a vulnerable person's life?
We have an opportunity for you to work as a caregiver to make a difference in the lives of our seniors and adults with disabilities.
- Flexible hours, minimum 3 to 4 hour shifts
- Weekly Pay & Direct deposit
- Competitive hourly rate
- Payroll and taxes handled by Agency
- Extra mile rewards & recognition
- Custom training and education - case based
- Team backup when necessary
- Dedicated office staff to troubleshoot or brainstorm
- Ongoing Staff support and communication.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Performing errands and/or providing transportation
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Must Be 18 Years of Age
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate.
- One to two years of Personal, Family, or Professional care experience
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
- Good Interpersonal Skills. A Nurturing, Compassionate Nature with a Desire for Caregiving.
- Dependability. Be Responsible, Reliable, and Ability to Work with Limited Supervision.
- Good Communication Skills. Ability to Document, Follow Verbal/Written Instructions.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Pass a thorough Background Check
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile.