Homemaker & Companion Caregiver (Medina and Summit Counties)
A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Why Right at Home:
Right at Home is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We create a safe work environment and have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our seniors and adults with disabilities. 2019 Best of Home Care Employer of Choice. 2020 Caring.com Service Excellence Award.
Why Join Our Team:
- Do you have a passion for helping others?
- Do you have a calling to #BeEssential in a vulnerable person's life?
We have an opportunity for you to work as a caregiver to make a difference in the lives of our seniors and adults with disabilities.
- Flexible hours, minimum 3 to 4 hour shifts
- Weekly Pay & Direct deposit
- Competitive hourly rate
- Payroll and taxes handled by Agency
- Extra mile rewards & recognition
- Custom training and education - case based
- Team backup when necessary
- Dedicated office staff to troubleshoot or brainstorm
- Ongoing Staff support and communication.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs errands and/or provides transportation
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Must Be 18 Years of Age
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate.
- One to two years of Personal, Family, or Professional care experience
- Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
- Good Interpersonal Skills. A Nurturing, Compassionate Nature with a Desire for Caregiving.
- Dependability. Be Responsible, Reliable, and Ability to Work with Limited Supervision.
- Good Communication Skills. Ability to Document, Follow Verbal/Written Instructions.
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
- Pass a thorough Background Check
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile.