A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate required.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- 2yrs experience as healthcare professional in homes, senior communities, or facilities preferred.
- Experience in elderly/aging care or disabled adults a plus.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Current 2 step TB testing required.
- CPR a plus
- Must be able to pass a Federal and State background check.
- Dependability,reliability and punctuality a must!