Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Incontinence Care
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate required.
- 2 yrs experience as healthcare professional in home, senior communities, or facilities preferred.
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course or demonstration of skills.
- Current CPR certificate a plus.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Experience in elderly/aging care or disabled adults a plus.
- Current 2 step TB testing required
- Must be able to pass a Federal and State background check.
- Completion of written Competency Evaluation.
- Dependability,reliability and Punctuality a must!