Join Mid Michigan's Best Care Team
At Right at Home Mid Michigan we know that a good Caregiver shows compassion, and is attentive, punctual, and asks appropriate questions because they are always looking to increase their care giving skills.
When you join our team, you are part of the Right at Home family. We pride ourselves on being passionate and hard working. We mean it when we say we are flexible, that life happens. We communicate in a timely fashion, we do not mandate, allow caregivers to select their clients, although we have a serious job – we care about our caregiver
Location: Mason, MI
A Personal Care Assistant provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Pay Range: $10.00 to $12.00/hr
Benefits and Recognition
- Flexible Scheduling
- Caregiver Referral Bonus ($50 incentive to any Caregiver who refers someone for a position and stays through their 90 day probationary period)
- Awards for Going Above and Beyond
- Caregiver of the Year Nominations
We believe it is important to acknowledge when a Caregiver goes out of their way for a client. We often recognize our Caregivers by awarding them special prizes and most often, we have treats in office on payday, offer gas/gift cards and we also nominate caregivers for Caregiver of the Year.
Training and Ongoing Education Opportunities
We do an expanded summary of the assessment so you can get more environmental info, personal info, likes, and dislikes. For some of our clients we do one on one training with a Caregiver Lead. We follow up with both the client and Caregiver after their first shift to make sure it is a good fit, and can address any questions they may have.
We primarily hire caregivers with experience of a CNA whether currently licensed or not. We make sure to match caregivers experience for clients with those/or specialized needs. The info given to them prior to starting includes information specific to that client. This information is documented and shared immediately to everyone on the team as needed.
Essential Functions1. Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
2. Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
3. Performs patient-specific activities. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with change of ostomy appliances
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Performing errands and/or providing transportation
- Application of an external catheter
4. Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
1. High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate.
2. Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
3. Successful completion of state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
4. Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
5. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
6. Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile.
7. This position requires 30-40 hours of basic training.