Are you passionate about serving the elderly? Do you want to be a part of a caring team and be respected for the talent you bring to the job?
Right at Home is seeking kind, caring and compassionate individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of others while working for a company they can be proud of. Our care team is dedicated to the highest standards of excellence and quality of life. The Right at Home mission is "To improve the quality of life for those we serve," and we are just as committed to being an employer that values what you do and your role in our success. At Right at Home, we are committed to providing our employees with on-going training and tools necessary to create a truly rewarding experience. We value and respect our employees and recognize that you are the key to our success!
A Homemaker/Companion provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Location: Brookfield, WI
Pay Range: $10.00 - $13.00/hr
Ongoing Training Opportunities:
Right at Home employees have access to continuing education at no cost through the IPCED Right at Home University. There are WI State-specific topics, hundreds of additional topics (Caregiver Core Values, Body Systems and the Aging Process, Caregiver First Aid, etc.) as well as skills videos.
- Specialized continuing education, training and certification opportunities
- Opportunities to apply new skills and advance your career
- Certification – Become a certified Dementia and Cognitive Support Specialist
- Respectful Communication
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Schedules
- PTO (Paid Time-Off)
- Referral Bonus
- Adheres to Right at Home policies and procedures.
- Performs work under the supervision of the Client Care Coordinator.
- Performs homemaking activities specified in the Client Home Record which may include, but is not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, laundry, and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks for client according to client/family and supervisor’s instructions. May perform grocery shopping, if prearranged with the office.
- Provides companionship for the client including accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- The homemaker is responsible for written documentation of services provided.
The homemaker will NOT perform any of the following:
- Personal care services such as bathing, dressing, and shaving.
- Any heavy lifting or transferring of clients.
- Administering of any medications, ointments, eye drops, etc.
- Heavy duty household chores such as washing walls, waxing floors, washing windows, etc.
- Household repairs or maintenance
- Cut the fingernails or toenails of any client
- The homemaker should not contact the physician directly, but rather refer all questions or reports to the supervisor.
Additional (non-essential) Functions
- Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the elderly, and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Have valid driver’s license with a reliable, insured vehicle for use during scheduled work shifts.
Primarily works in client’s place of residence, travel required. Shift times and days vary with client needs.
May be called upon to perform additional tasks as required by supervisor.