No Matter What Level of Care You Need, Right at Home of Central New Jersey Can Arrange It For You
When Right at Home of Central New Jersey is working with a new client, there can be many issues to address and questions to be answered. For example, we recently began caring for a client who lived alone and although her family lived relatively close by they were at a loss of how to best help their mother. In addition, because of the ongoing pandemic, it can be very difficult for family members to go to the client’s home to help them with things because of the ongoing health risk to both the family members and the client.
The client (who presented with several diseases including dementia and anxiety, as well a fear of contracting COVID-19, a need for wound care, and encouragement to exercise) was carefully assessed by us to make sure that we and our professional partners could properly address her care by providing all available care options to her and her family.
We approached her care (and all client care) with the eye of a care manager and here are some of the steps we took and arrangements we made to make sure the client and her family knew that we not only were cognizant of the client’s multiple medical and emotional issues but fully able to manage them.
We arranged the following care for her at home which includes:
- Hospice care which included an additional certified home health aide, nursing care, pastoral care and social worker.
- A social worker through a family services agency for continued conversation and telehealth calls.
- A psychiatric nurse practitioner for consultation and dementia/anxiety medication to calm her.
- Telehealth visits from a visiting physician to address her health concerns.
- In-home COVD-19 testing. (We also have COVID-19 testing available at our state-of-the-art office and one of our community liaisons will continue to go by the client’s home with the swab kit monthly to retest both the client and the caregiver and send off to our arranged lab, which picks up our swab kits daily at our office.)
- Arranging for a wound care specialist to attend to her at her home for wound care caused by a bed sore.
- Physical and Occupational therapy to help her because her muscles had atrophied due to lack of exercise and her inability to leave her home.
All of the coordination efforts above (and any more that might be needed in the future) are NEVER charged to our clients. Right at Home of Central New Jersey provides care management free to our clients because we believe that morally and ethically “it’s the right thing to do” for every one of our clients so that they have a better care experience. We will always continue to provide care management to all of our clients at no cost. We may not be able to add years to the life of our Right at Home of Central New Jersey clients but we can do everything in our power to add life to their years!
The best part of this scenario is that there is NO out-of-pocket expense to our clients for the actual services either as they are all available to seniors through their Medicare Part B plans – services all or most of our clients need and can benefit from if only they know about them!! Some clients do not need all of the above but most can benefit from some of the above types of care options.
Many companies will offer to provide to their clients for an additional fee what is known as “case management” to coordinate client care, review and analyze client and family expectations of home health care, and ensure a positive client experience to help the client continue to live safely wherever they call home and achieve a better quality of life. We at Right at Home of Central New Jersey believe that providing client case management is essential and a vital part of the services that a client and their family should be able to expect when hiring a home care company to care for themselves or their loved ones and that a client should NEVER have to pay for this service.
If we can help you or your family member at any time or if you have any questions about home health care and how it could benefit your loved ones, please contact us at 732-967-0900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available 24/7 to assist you in any way we can.