Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Shaving (electric only)
- Meal Preparation
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Changing non-sterile dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Measuring intake and output
- Assisting with application of arm sling, arm splint, or leg splint
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.