Certified Home Health Aid (CHHA)
Right at Home of Chatham, NJ, In-Home Care & Assistance, is seeking to hire a Certified Home Health Aid to join a dynamic care team providing clinical expertise in-home. You can make a difference in your career by helping people stay in the comfort of their homes.
Here's Why You Will Love Working for Us:
- Flexible scheduling
- Bonuses for referrals
- Caregiver Recognition & Rewards Program
- 401k Retirement plan with an employer match!
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Sick Time
- Employee discount program
- Free financial fitness program
- Health Insurance available to Full time employees after 1 year
- We always treat you with respect
- Family owned agency since 2002
- Ongoing Training
- Annual party to mingle with your co-workers
Responsibilities and Duties:
Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using a bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, shaving, skin, and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
- Accompany patient on errands or medical appointments.
- Performs housekeeping activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathroom
Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a Right at Home nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Medication reminders
- Assisting with the prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Understanding dementia care
- Incontinence care
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Two years of experience as a Caregiver/Home Health Aide in healthcare (in homes or facilities) is preferred
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and insured automobile
- A current CHHA license from the New Jersey Board of Nursing
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Right at Home’s mission is simple...to improve the quality of life for those we serve. We accomplish this by providing the Right Care, and we deliver this brand promise each and every day around the world. However, we couldn’t do it without having the Right People. Our care teams are passionate about serving our clients and are committed to providing the personal care and attention of a friend, whenever and wherever it is needed.
That’s where you come in. At Right at Home, we help ordinary people who have a passion to serve others become extraordinary care team members. We seek to find people who are compassionate, empathetic, reliable, determined and are focused on improving the quality of life for others.
To our care team members, we commit to deliver the following experiences when you partner with Right at Home:
- We promise to help you become the best you can be. We will equip you as a professional by providing best in class training and investing in your professional development.
- We promise to coach you to success. We’re always available to support you and offer you tips to be the best at delivering care to clients.
- We promise to keep the lines of communication open. We will listen to your ideas and suggestions as you are critical to our success in providing the best possible care to clients. We will provide you timely information and feedback about the care you provide to clients.
- We promise to celebrate your success. We will appreciate the work you do, recognize above and beyond efforts, and reward you with competitive pay.