Right at Home Case Managers perform various activities from meeting with clients, developing case plans and completing the service agreements, to providing in-service trainings and being a community representative at marketing events. Position also includes supervising and coordinating staff to ensuring the care plan is followed. Other duties include hiring and other HR activities, supervision of home care staff, scheduling client care, maintenance of client and employee records, and other office coordination duties. 75% of work is out of the office. Duties also include working on-call one night each week, and one weekend each month. Base salary includes sales bonus incentive.
- Meet with families to discuss services and complete client services agreement.
- Perform home assessments and develop a plan of care for new clients.
- Follow-up with families to ensure quality care is being provided.
- Evaluate and supervise homecare staff for compliance with the Care Plan and review homecare staff documentation.
- Performs or supervises care management activities for individual patient, including assessment, teaching, and development and updating of the care plans.
- Attends community and marketing events to promote the company.
- Helps maintain client records for the Agency to ensure compliance with record requirements.
- Help in training new employees.
- Helps maintain various office records; i.e., insurance and financial client information, etc.
- Prepare intake packets, including all forms and appropriate attachments as required by payers.
- Schedule client cases with appropriate field employees, making all follow through calls necessary to produce an effective, smooth flowing schedule.
- Assists with field employee hiring orientations, in-services, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Documentation of care issues and events as directed by office policy.
- Able to work with on-line scheduling program.
- Manages company client survey programs by promoting participation, reviewing results, and making recommendations to the management team on improving the quality of care.
- Answers telephone, take inquiries or messages using good telephone technique.
- Performs on-call duties 1 weekend per month and 1 weekday per week.
- RN or LVN degree with 2 years of business experience in healthcare or case management.
- One (1) year of experience in sales and marketing, preferably in the health care industry.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook, and good organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal relations abilities. Good telephone skills.
- Preferred knowledge with client/caregiver software programs and knowledge of common medical terminology.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills, and apply good judgment based on the principles of sound management.
- Read, write, speak and understand English.
- Be available as required for on-call duty outside of normal office hours.
- Have a valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile.