Right at Home Nashville owner Matt Boyd recently met with Fox 17 WZTV to discuss options for families to find and manage care for their loved ones with Alzheimer's Dementia.
You can watch a replay of Matt's interview with the team at Fox 17 below.
Alzheimer's Growing Impact on Families
Matt discussed the impact of Alzheimer's and Dementia on families and aging adults , citing these statistics
- One in ten adults over age 65 are impacted by Alzheimer's Dementia
- Over 80% of those suffering from Alzheimer's Dementia receive care from a family, friend or loved one
- Over 50% receive care in their own home
Helpful Recommendations for Family Caregivers Coping with Alzheimer's
Matt mentioned that families may search for information about care options through a home care agency, their local Alzheimer's Association or even just general internet searches, as they try to learn about different ways to approach their situation.
As the disease progresses, Matt mentioned some helpful recommendations from the Alzheimer's Association
- Set realistic expectations about care arrangements - Keep in mind that you need care as well as your loved one
- Set realistic goals - While living the fullest life possible, keep in mind that some things may need to change
Improving the Quality of Life for Those We Serve