Homemaker Companion Caregiver In and Around Huntington Station, NY
Our company is looking to hire compassionate, dependable, respectful, patient HHA's to work live in cases on Long Island. Preparing light meals, light housekeeping, oversight and supervision of the senior to ensure safety. Assist with daily living tasks so the senior can remain in their home, Candidates must be reliable,caring & experienced.
What You’ll Do and Who You Are:
The good news is that your training will teach you everything you need to know to succeed on the job. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
We have a great work culture at Right at Home and look for people with a similar mindset. You're the honest, energetic and approachable type; able to get along and communicate easily with people at all levels. You're never short of a smile and take real pride in your work; cope well under pressure and thrive on a challenge.
You don’t mind getting a little dirty…this could include (but not limited to) assistance with eating, personal hygiene, light housekeeping, laundry and other household chores.
You don’t have to be a gourmet chef but you can prepare a good meal and work your way around a kitchen.
You are able to assist the client in many ways, this could include (but are not limited to), medication reminders, assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises, dementia care, companionship activities such as reading, music, puzzles, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have reliable consistent means of communication
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to pass a full employment background check
Nice to Have’s:
- HHA, CNA or PCA license is preferred
- Driver's License - no car required.
- 6 month experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare preferred
- 1-3 years of experience as a Caregiver/Home Health Aide in healthcare (in homes or facilities)
- Flexibility! We work with you to set your schedule
- PAID training and development
- Paid travel time in between clients & mileage
- Extremely Positive Work Environment
- Employee Discount Programs
- Access to Leadership
- Recognition, celebrations and great team interactions!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $182.00 per day
Right at Home’s mission is simple...to improve the quality of life for those we serve. We accomplish this by providing the Right Care, and we deliver this brand promise each and every day around the world. However, we couldn’t do it without having the Right People. Our care teams are passionate about serving our clients and are committed to providing the personal care and attention of a friend, whenever and wherever it is needed.
That’s where you come in. At Right at Home, we help ordinary people who have a passion to serve others become extraordinary care team members. We seek to find people who are compassionate, empathetic, reliable, determined and are focused on improving the quality of life for others.
To our care team members, we commit to deliver the following experiences when you partner with Right at Home:
- We promise to help you become the best you can be. We will equip you as a professional by providing best in class training and investing in your professional development.
- We promise to coach you to success. We’re always available to support you and offer you tips to be the best at delivering care to clients.
- We promise to keep the lines of communication open. We will listen to your ideas and suggestions as you are critical to our success in providing the best possible care to clients. We will provide you timely information and feedback about the care you provide to clients.
- We promise to celebrate your success. We will appreciate the work you do, recognize above and beyond efforts, and reward you with competitive pay.