Right at Home Caregiver Who Spends Holiday Bringing Cheer to Clients Earns 2023 National Caregiver of the Year
On April 27, Right at Home, a leading in-home care company, bestowed its highest caregiver honor to Vicki Bailiff, presenting her with the 2023 National Caregiver of the Year award during its national conference in Orlando, Florida.
Vicki is a caregiver at Right at Home West Des Moines, Iowa. Her compassion, selflessness and willingness to go above and beyond have made her a valued member of Right at Home and a beloved caregiver for seniors in her community.
Last year, Vicki had planned to spend the Christmas Day holiday with her family and friends. But when she learned other caregivers had also requested the day off, she began to worry that many clients without loved ones nearby would be alone on the holiday. That’s when she decided she would be the one to bring those clients an abundance of holiday cheer.
Vicki put on her Santa hat and stopped by each client’s home with a small gift and a stocking filled with goodies she baked and wrapped. She spent time with every client. They talked, took selfies, and enjoyed hot cocoa and homemade cookies.
“That was such a wonderful surprise to our clients—and to us,” said Raouf Agrignan, owner of Right at Home West Des Moines. “Vicki is always looking for ways to bring happiness and cheer to all of our clients. This was such a special act of care and love that I know our client families will never forget.”
Vicki doesn’t just bring happiness and cheer to others on holidays. It’s a part of her everyday caregiving. Whenever she meets a new client, she brings in goodies to share during their introductory visit. It’s a small gesture with a big impact. Vicki says, “Food is a way to everyone’s heart.”
And when big gestures are needed, she covers those too. Vicki recently helped a client visit his spouse’s gravesite, which he had been unable to do for more than eight years. Due to physical limitations, he had been unable to get transportation 40 minutes out of town where the cemetery is located. Vicki made sure to schedule enough time for the travel and visit at the gravesite.
“Right at Home is proud to honor Vicki Bailiff as our 2023 National Caregiver of the Year,” said Margaret Haynes, President and CEO of Right at Home. “The award honors caregivers who provide extraordinary care to clients every day. Vicki has demonstrated the very essence of the award, and we are grateful she is part of Right at Home.”
In addition to honoring Vicki nationally, Right at Home recognized eight caregivers across the country for their outstanding commitment to their clients. This year’s Regional Caregivers of the Year are:
- West Region Caregiver of the Year: Tabitha Miller of Tucson, AZ (office owners Karen and Sunir Kochhar)
- East Central Region Caregiver of the Year: Tammy Summers of Winston-Salem, NC (office owners Jackie and Greg Brewer)
- Northeast Region Caregiver of the Year: Nancy Green-Krochmal of White Plains, NY (office owner Lou Giampa)
- Mid-Atlantic Region Caregiver of the Year: Michelle Gaughran of Virginia Beach, VA (branch director Terra Dehler)
- Southwest Region Caregiver of the Year: Kassie Leach of Kingwood, TX (office owners Brenda and Jim Royal)
- Southeast Region Caregiver of the Year: Markia Jenkins of Bradenton, FL (office owner Jeramie Snelling)
- Northwest Central Region Caregiver of the Year: Dianna Church of Eugene, OR (office owners Carol and Ed Mosman)
- Midwest Region Caregiver of the Year: Anel Metellus of Cedar Rapids, Iowa (office owners Stephanie and John Humphries)
Going the extra mile to provide exceptional care for those in need of at-home assistance often comes down to the small things that make a big difference in a client’s life. Right at Home is proud to recognize the exemplary caregivers within its system whose purpose-driven work betters the lives of those they are entrusted to serve.