A CNA/Personal Care Assistant provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care, and provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
At Right at Home You're More Than a "Number"
Right at Home Norman invites and attracts only the best to our family. With us you are not just a number and a paycheck. We invest in team members who are committed to living our high standards, and who value professionalism, training, compassion and commitment to our clients and their clients' loved ones.
We Offer Premier Benefits to Our Valued Employees
- Competitive Salary
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Schedule
- Short-Shift Premium Pay
- Overtime Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Yearly Bonus Program
- Referral Bonus
- Cash Advances Based on Hours Worked
- Paid Travel Time Going from Shift to Shift
- Mileage Reimbursement for 'On-Shift' Errand Miles
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Yearly Reviews
- Weekly Orientations
- Ongoing Job, Career, and Industry Education
- Online Schedules Accessible from Anywhere 24/7
- One Free Webinar for New Hires: “How to earn more money!”
- Free flu Shots
- Auto-care and Maintenance Discounts
- Shopping and Retail Discounts Through Provista
- Transportation Program for Caregivers
- 24/7 Caregiver Support
- Caregiver Appreciation Programs
- "Wheel of Fortune" Caregiver Prizes
- Holiday Open House (December)
- Employee Appreciation Event (June)
- Great Team Culture and Communications
- Field Staff Recognition by Office Staff
Essential Functions Of This Position
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- A valid driver’s license and transportation adequate to meet job requirements.