Live-in Caregiver (Northwest Suburban Chicago, IL)
ASK ABOUT OUR HIRING BONUS!
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. Provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences. Live-in shifts are assigned for 1-5 days/week on a 24-hour/day basis. Caregiver stays overnight.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
Location of Work
We are seeking live-in caregivers in the following communities. We find it best if you live within 10 miles of one of these communities.
- Crystal Lake
- Des Plaines
- East Dundee
- Edison Park
- West Dundee
- Fox River Grove
- Harwood Heights
- Lake in the Hills
- Mount Prospect
- Park Ridge
- Prospect Heights
- Sleepy Hollow
- Wonder Lake
- McHenry Township
- Maine Township
- Nunda Township
- Niles Township
- Arlington Heights
- Bull Valley
- Deer Park
- Forest Lake
- Hawthorne Woods
- Hoffman Estates
- Holiday Hills
- Lake Barrington
- Lake Zurich
- McCullom Lake
- North Barrington
- Oakwood Hills
- Prairie Grove
- Rolling Meadows
- South Barrington
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home caregivers are compassionate and caring people who want more than just a job, they want to make a difference in the lives of seniors and their loved ones. When you join the Right at Home family, you'll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to our high standards, warm-hearted by nature, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a more meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.