Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. Dependability and reliability are extremely important.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- MUST be a high school graduate.
- MUST possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.
- Three years experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide course.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- 2-step Mantoux test.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
Faxed or emailed resumes will not be considered.