Performs nursing care to patient in accordance with an established plan of care in accordance with Right at Home policies and procedures and all other laws and relevant professional standards.
- Furnishes services in accordance with Agency policies and the State Nurse Practice Act.
- Prepares and records clinical notes and progress notes.
- Observes and reports any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in conditions of the patient and family situation to the Nursing Supervisor and documents such reports and observations in the clinical record.
- Performs assigned nursing procedures, including administration of treatments and medications, in the care of the patient, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the Plan of Care.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the patient care plan.
- Consults the Nursing Supervisor in making judgments or decisions regarding care and treatments.
- Graduate of an approved Practical/Vocational Nursing Program and one year of nursing experience in the past 5 years or completion of an accredited refresher course within the past 2 years.
- Currently licensed and in good standing as a Practical/Vocational Nurse in this State.
- Knowledge and ability and the necessary skill and judgment to perform all nursing procedures as outlined in the scope of practice in the Nurse Practice Act. Understanding of the working team concept and the ability to work under super-vision.
- Meets the requirements for employees providing direct patient care.
- Read, write, speak and understand English as needed in the job.
- Must have valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile for work or access to adequate transportation.
Participates in in -service education programs as mandated by State law. (This requirement need not be met exclusively through Right at Home sponsored in-services programs.)