Live-in Caregiver (North Suburban Chicago, IL)
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. Provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences. Live-in shifts are assigned for 1-5 days/week on a 24-hour/day basis. Caregiver stays overnight.
- Worker's compensation coverage
- Employee Retirement Savings Account
- Telehealth Plan
- Flexible start dates and scheduling
- Employee incentives and bonuses
- Great continuing education opportunities
- Employee referral program
- Caregiver of the month program and caregiver appreciation days
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or equivalent/Experience as a Caregiver
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Enjoy working in a one-on-one setting, eager to improve and continuously learn new skills
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations
- Willingness to enforce health and safety standards
- Supportive and compassionate
- High School Diploma or equivalent/Experience as a Caregiver
- Take pride in providing high quality care
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.