Join a Home Care Team that is personable, compassionate, reliable and accountable! Our Caregivers have empathy and the right skills to work with those in our care. Being able to read our clients and assess their needs is important.
A Personal Care Assistant provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
We offer ongoing training and specialized training with Dementia and Parkinson's. We communicate daily by phone, text or email on an ongoing basis
Pay Rate: $11.00 - $12.50/hour
- Flexible Scheduling
- Worker's Compensation Coverage
- Annual Review/Raises
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Recognition & Rewards
- Caregiver Appreciation
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.