Join Northern Lake County's Best Care Team
Right at Home of Northern Lake County is seeking conscientious, compassionate, and empathetic people to join our Care Team. We understand that you can teach anyone to do almost anything but you can't teach someone to have the heart and compassion for others. Our team takes pride in how much we care and are we are always willing to help each other out when the need arises. We strive for excellence in all we do. Our Caregivers are important to us, we listen and truly care for you and your unique circumstances. We've got your back when in a tough situation. You are our family.
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
A Caregiver CNA provides various personal care services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Our payrates start at $10.50 for non-CNA and $11.50 for CNA’s. We also base pay rate on the experience of the Caregiver and pay extra on weekends and couples care.
Benefits and Recognition
- Paid Training
- Direct Deposit
- 401(k) Program
- O/T and Holiday Pay
- Simple IRA
- Care Rewards
- Accrue Points for Going Above and Beyond (Ex. Picking up last minute shifts, etc.)
- Incentives Including Gift Cards and More
- Caregiver Referral Program
- Caregivers are rewarded for referrals for both caregivers who join our team as well as clients who sign up for service.
Training and Ongoing Education Opportunities
The Illinois Dept of Public Health requires 8 hours of training, yet we offer more and incentivize our Caregivers for going above with more training. We follow-up with our Caregivers and clients after their first shift. If a Caregiver needs specific training to meet the needs of a client, they will go to a training shift prior to their first shift.
We have a training room that includes:
- Hoyer Lift
- Wheelchairs and more
This helps build confidence and ensure our Caregivers are ready for their shifts.
We offer a program called Dementia Live - Dementia Live® Is a high impact, dementia simulation experience that immerses participants into life with dementia, resulting in a deeper understanding of what it’s like to live with cognitive impairment and sensory change. The Caregiver comes away with a deeper understanding of what it is like to live in the world of a dementia client.
- Personal assistance (bathing, dressing, grooming, etc)
- Ambulation and transfers
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Reminders
- Transportation – shopping, appointments
- Light housekeeping
- High School or equivalent
- Six months experience as a personal care assistant in health care (in homes or facilities)
- Possess a valid driver’s license/insured automobile or access to adequate transportation
- Pass a drug test and background check
- Legal citizen of the United States
- Strong communication skills
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home caregivers are compassionate and caring people who want more than just a job, they want to make a difference in the lives of seniors and their loved ones. When you join the Right at Home family, you'll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to our high standards, warm-hearted by nature, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a more meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.