Join Northern Lake County's Best Care Team
Right at Home of Northern Lake County is seeking conscientious, compassionate, and empathetic people to join our Care Team. We understand that you can teach anyone to do almost anything but you can't teach someone to have the heart and compassion for others. Our team takes pride in how much we care and are we are always willing to help each other out when the need arises. We strive for excellence in all we do. Our Caregivers are important to us, we listen and truly care for you and your unique circumstances. We've got your back when in a tough situation. You are our family.
Location: Grayslake, IL
A Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Our payrates start at $10.50 for non-CNA and $11.50 for CNA’s. We also base pay rate on the experience of the Caregiver and pay extra on weekends and couples care.
Benefits and Recognition
- Paid Training
- Direct Deposit
- 401(k) Program
- O/T and Holiday Pay
- Simple IRA
- Care Rewards
- Accrue Points for Going Above and Beyond (Ex. Picking up last minute shifts, etc.)
- Incentives Including Gift Cards and More
- Caregiver Referral Program
- Caregivers are rewarded for referrals for both caregivers who join our team as well as clients who sign up for service.
Training and Ongoing Education Opportunities
The Illinois Dept of Public Health requires 8 hours of training, yet we offer more and incentivize our Caregivers for going above with more training. We follow-up with our Caregivers and clients after their first shift. If a Caregiver needs specific training to meet the needs of a client, they will go to a training shift prior to their first shift.
We have a training room that includes:
- Hoyer Lift
- Wheelchairs and more
This helps build confidence and ensure our Caregivers are ready for their shifts.
We offer a program called Dementia Live - Dementia Live® Is a high impact, dementia simulation experience that immerses participants into life with dementia, resulting in a deeper understanding of what it’s like to live with cognitive impairment and sensory change. The Caregiver comes away with a deeper understanding of what it is like to live in the world of a dementia client.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.