CNA (Saginaw, MI)
Join Northern Michigan's Best Care Team
For us to fulfill our mission we rely on having great Caregivers. To make sure our Caregivers succeed we've created a career plan because at Right at Home Northern Michigan it's not just a job, it's a career. We know that successful Caregivers have empathy, show compassion, have great communication skills, and are dependable. When you join our Care Team you are part of a hard working group of caring individuals who are committed to our mission—improving the quality of life for those we serve.
Location: Saginaw, MI
A Certified Nursing Assistant provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Pay Range: $9.45 - $11.00 (CMH Caregivers up to $11.75)
Benefits and Recognition
Right at Home Northern Michigan offers better incentives than competitive companies, we have flexible hours and are able to work around the caregivers schedule. We pride ourselves on having open communication with the office. We have a clear vision and identity and we crave honest feedback from our caregivers.
Some of the ways we recognize our team for going above and beyond include:
- Appreciation Cards
- Recognition Program
- Gift Cards
- We Celebrate Your Achievements
Our Caregiver Referral Program can earn you up to $150 for each Referral!
How it works is that the referral gets $10 for the 1st shift, $15 after 40 hours, $50 after 1 month or 125 hours, and $75 after 2 months or 250 hours.
Training and Ongoing Educational Opportunities
We have a robust orientation, ongoing training through the Right at Home University which covers specialty training on Alzheimer's and Dementia, and quarterly training with our Management Team.
Our Training is customized based on the knowledge and experience of the Caregiver as well as the needs of the Client. Client matching is very important which is why we make sure to follow up after your first shift to make sure that you and the client are both comfortable with the care provided. Follow ups each week make sure that we are consistent with care and to maintain positive communication.
1. Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
2. Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
3. Performs patient-specific activities. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Performing errands and/or providing transportation
- Application of an external catheter
4. Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
1. High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate.
2. Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
3. Successfully completed a Competency Evaluation that meets the State Licensing Law for home health agencies.
4. Current CPR Certificate is recommended.
5. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
6. Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured automobile.
7. This position requires 75 hours of technical training including:
- Checking vitals
- Accu-check blood glucose levels
- Urine sugar and acetone level
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.