Join Northern Michigan's Best Care Team
For us to fulfill our mission we rely on having great Caregivers. To make sure our Caregivers succeed we've created a career plan because at Right at Home Northern Michigan it's not just a job, it's a career. We know that successful Caregivers have empathy, show compassion, have great communication skills, and are dependable. When you join our Care Team you are part of a hard working group of caring individuals who are committed to our mission—improving the quality of life for those we serve.
Location: Saginaw, MI
A Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Pay Range: $9.45 - $10.50
Benefits and Recognition
Right at Home Northern Michigan offers better incentives than competitive companies, we have flexible hours and are able to work around the caregivers schedule. We pride ourselves on having open communication with the office. We have a clear vision and identity and we crave honest feedback from our caregivers.
Some of the ways we recognize our team for going above and beyond include:
- Appreciation Cards
- Recognition Program
- Gift Cards
- We Celebrate Your Achievements
Our Caregiver Referral Program can earn you up to $150 for each Referral!
How it works is that the referral gets $10 for the 1st shift, $15 after 40 hours, $50 after 1 month or 125 hours, and $75 after 2 months or 250 hours.
Training and Ongoing Educational Opportunities
We have a robust orientation, ongoing training through the Right at Home University which covers specialty training on Alzheimer's and Dementia, and quarterly training with our Management Team.
Our Training is customized based on the knowledge and experience of the Caregiver as well as the needs of the Client. Client matching is very important which is why we make sure to follow up after your first shift to make sure that you and the client are both comfortable with the care provided. Follow ups each week make sure that we are consistent with care and to maintain positive communication.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs errands and/or provides transportation
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.