Parkinson's Specific Training Program
Right at Home Northern Virginia's Parkinson's Specific Training provides a comprehensive approach to understanding the goals and specific needs of persons with Parkinson Disease and their care partners.
Our care providers are trained to assist with:
- Preserving independence and dignity
- Timely delivery of medications
- Preparation of appropriate meals to coincide with medication schedules, and assistance with mealtimes
- Assistance with grooming and personal hygiene
- Assistance with daily tasks due to the effects of tremors and bradykinesia
- Encouraging seated chair exercises, stretching, walking and good posture
- Assist with recommended muscle strengthening activities
- Providing transportation to aerobic activities and support groups in the community
- Encourage speaking loudly and participating in speech exercises
- Provide opportunities for socialization
Right at Home Northern Virginia participates and co-sponsors in the National Parkinson's Foundation Moving Day® event. Moving Day is a movement for change—towards more awareness, more funding, and more understanding of a disease that affects so many of our family and friends.
Learn more about the National Parkinson's Foundation Moving Day event »