Certified Nurse Assistant/Personal Care Attendant
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of clients in their homes.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the client with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Incontinence Care
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate required.
- 1 year experience as healthcare professional in home, senior communities, or facilities preferred.
- Successful completion of a state-approved Certified Nurse Assistant or Personal Care Assistant course.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and own an insured automobile.
- Experience in elderly/aging care or disabled adults a plus.
- Current TB testing required.
- Current CPR certificate a plus.
- Must be able to pass a Drug Screening.
- Must be able to pass a Federal and State background check.
- Completion of written Competency Evaluation.
- Dependability, reliability and Punctuality a must!