Recognizing Our Wonderful Right at Home Caregivers
Announcing August 2019's ...
CAREGIVER OF THE MONTH —
Please join us in congratulating our August 2019 Caregiver of the Month, Barbara Ostrowski!
You may remember seeing Barbara’s name last month as she was named our July Team Player of the Month.
Barbara continued to provide excellent care to her clients throughout August and became a full-time live-in caregiver! She spends a few days each week living at her client’s house, providing outstanding care for her, and continuing her shifts with another client the remaining days of the week. Her client’s daughter praised Barbara’s care and complimented how she engages with both her and her mother. They enjoy playing board games together and cheering on the Chicago Cubs! Barbara’s sole focus is on her clients and she engages with them with a positive attitude.
In addition to her regular clients, Barb also was an outstanding team player and covered 5, yes FIVE!, emergency call-offs in August! Barbara, a huge thank you to you for making your clients happy and healthy, mentally and physically!
As a reward for earning the Caregiver of the Month award, Barbara will receive a $100 bonus, be given Right at Home apparel, have her name engraved on the Caregiver of the Month plaque in our office, and receive company-wide recognition.
TEAM PLAYER OF THE MONTH —
Please join us in congratulating our August 2019 Team Player of the Month, Melissa Conner!
Melissa provided care for several clients last month who needed round-the-clock care and spent many overnight shifts tending to each of their needs! Melissa has been with Right at Home for over three years and for over the last two years, she has been the primary caregiver for the same client.
This client required heavy personal care, transferring assistance, and companionship. His wife was at ease knowing that Melissa was there and trusted Melissa to care for her husband to give her respite. Sadly, her client recently passed away. Melissa was able to provide valuable end-of-life care and comfort to him and his wife in his final weeks. She truly was considered a member of this precious family. Melissa’s other client was appreciative of Melissa’s positive attitude and attentiveness during her overnight shifts with her. Her client appreciated that Melissa was always awake and alert when she needed assistance throughout the night. Melissa, thank you for upholding the gold standard of care!
As a reward for earning the Team Player of the Month award, Melissa will receive a $50 bonus and company-wide recognition.
ALL-STARS OF THE MONTH
We would also like to congratulate our August 2019 All-Stars, who will be awarded a $20 gift card to Meijer and receive company-wide recognition. Right at Home All-Stars are selected based on several factors, including excellence in regularly clocking in and out on time, not calling off shifts, and providing great care to clients. Total hours worked for the month and a willingness to cover shifts and be a team player are also considered.
To All of Our Winners!
For all our winners, gift cards may be picked up in the office during regular business hours beginning Monday, September 16 through the end of the month.
In total, our caregiver bonuses for August 2019 were nearly $700!
Thank you to all of our Right at Home caregivers! Each one of you is a valuable part of our team that provides the “gold standard” in homecare to northwest Indiana seniors.
We are the Right People, Doing the Right Things, the Right Way, for the Right Reason
During my recovery from foot surgery, I had the BEST care takers who took care of both my Mom and I. Each person has their special talent and way of making us feel comfortable. If the need should ever arise, I will feel comfortable knowing Mom will get the wonderful care this company provides.
Previous Caregivers of the Month
- July 2019: Jaclyn Foy
- June 2019: Shirley Pfieffer
- May 2019: Harriet Houser
- April 2019: Dahkia Ellison
- March 2019: Cosaundra Johnson
- February 2019: Valerie Mallete
- January 2019: Bettye Ferguson
- December 2018: Bettye Ferguson
- November 2018: Paula Nebel
- October 2018: Valerie Mallette
- September 2018: Dalores Lounds
- August 2018: Janice Harris
- July 2018: Kelly Whitaker
- June 2018: Sandra McHenry
- May 2018: Elizabeth Tombers
- April 2018: Marquis Pruitt Hudson
- March 2018: Jessica Stokes
- February 2018: Steven Early
- January 2018: Latonya Wingard
- December 2017: Michelle Lacey
- November 2017: Joyce Bailey
- October 2017: Melissa Conner
- September 2017: Candice Sanders
- July 2017: Jessica Marshall
- June 2017: Lynn Alfich
- May 2017: Cindy Davis
- April 2017: Angela Walker
- March 2017: Opral Henry
- February 2017: Kim Murphy
- January 2017: Sandra McHenry
- December 2016: Joyce Bailey
- November 2016: Amber Ivers
- October 2016: Sandra McHenry
- September 2016: Deb Johnson
- August 2016: Roxanne Rangel
- July 2016: Lisa Caldwell
- June 2016: Brigitte McGee
- May 2016: Stephanie Jacyna
- April 2016: Opral Henry
- March 2016: Demetria Beaulieu
- February 2016: Joanquina Lee
- January 2016: Helen Griffith
- December 2015: Deb Harris
- November 2015: Amanda Gonzalez