Right at Home care team members truly make a difference in the lives of others.
A homemaker/companion provides the kind of care and support that helps seniors maintain an independent life style. Their companionship, safety supervision, and help with everyday tasks is valuable to our clients. The homemaker/companion caregiver works with the Right at Home nurse, the client, and the client’s family to create and monitor the plan of care.
- Gratifying work with a supportive care team
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity for advancement
- Paid continuing education
- 401K and benefits
- Recognition program
Performs homemaking activities which include, but are not limited to:
- Vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
- Preparing meals and snacks according to instructions
- Providing companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Safety supervision and standby assistance as client goes about their daily routine
- Scheduling appointments, running errands, shopping, and pet care
- Monitoring for change of condition
- Communicating with the team to insure quality care
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred
- Valid driver’s license or state issued ID
- Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Prior work and life experience that demonstrates dependability and capability
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Dependable transportation for the job
- Current CPR Certificate is recommended