Right at Home East Valley and Northwest Phoenix is owned and operated by Becky and Mark Leuer. With Mark having a family background in the Service; he is a member of the American Legion (Pat Tillman post) and supports veterans, service member and first responders.
Paying for Home Care
There are two ways the VA (Veterans Administration) can help with Non-Medical Home Care Costs.
1. The VA choice program is paid directly to the agency providing care with only a VA Doctors approval.
2. The VA Aid and Attendance requires the Veteran to go though a approval process that takes up to 6 months, the whole time the Veteran must pay for the Home Care up front and after being approved will get reimbursed.
Veterans Choice Program
Right at Home has a contract with the Phoenix Veterans Administration office covering Maricopa and Pima Counties. The Choice program offers Veterans up to 10 Home Health Aide (HHA) hours per week and 2 hours for Home Maker (HM) service per week. They may also qualify for respite care at 6 hour incumbents. Please contact our office for more information. (480) 632-1100
Veteran Aid & Attendance (A&A)
For eligible candidates, the Aid & Attendance (A&A) benefit provides financial aid to help offset the cost of non-medical home care services for veterans and their surviving spouses who need assistance with daily activities of living.
Senior veterans and/or their spouses may be eligible to receive up to $26,028 annually for home care services. These at-home caregiver services include:
- Companionship and Homemaking
- Meal Planning and Preparation
- Physical Assistance and Personal Care
- Medication and Everyday Health Reminders
- Bill Paying and Money Management
Veterans Aid and Attendance 2018 Schedule of Benefits
- Single Veteran - $1,830 / month
- Surviving Spouse - $1,176 / month
- Married Veteran - Spouse Care - $1,404 / month
- Married Veteran and Spouse - $2,169 / month
- Qualifying veterans/spouses can afford the care they need and deserve
- The pension is paid directly to veterans/spouses by the Department of Treasury
- Completely tax-free and no paid back required
- Besides home care services, the benefit also covers residents of assisted living and care facilities
- Veteran who served 90 days or more active duty with at least one day during a period of war, and their surviving spouses, who...
- Require assistance with tasks such as dressing, bathing, cooking and eating
- Meet certain medical, service and financial criteria
Benefits of Veteran Aid & Attendance:
Eligibility criteria includes:
You have to qualify medically and also financially in order to receive this benefit. Please call our office at: (480) 632-1100 for more information. We provide services to: Gilbert, Mesa, Tempe, Queen Creek, Sun Lakes, Chandler, Awahtukee, Phoenix, Higley, Sacaton, Scottsdale, East Valley, East Phoenix, East Valley Phoenix, Southeast Phoenix, South Phoenix, Santan
Phoenix Area Veterans Benefit Resources
Arizona Department of Veterans Services
3839 N 3rd St., Phoenix, AZ 85012
Phone: (602) 255-3373