Eric Homer - In Home Counseling Services
Eric Homer of In Home Counseling Services joins us over the phone to discuss helping seniors coping with sadness, depression, memory issues, cognitive impairment and other conditions.
Our guest discusses helping seniors coping with sadness, depression, memory issues, cognitive impairment and other conditions.
1. I have been feeling so blue, I want to be more hopeful, What is there for seniors coping with sadness, depression, and for some, having thoughts of suicide.
2.What about memory issues and cognitive impairment? What'
s normal? What if I get Alzheimer's disease or dmentia and need memory care?
3. I get so discouraged having chronic conditions like arthritis and diabetes that are never going to heal. I am tired of having multiple conditions that have impairment and pain.
4. Lonliness. I never though my final years would be this isolated and lonely.
5. It is so upsetting, we have been quarreling as a family, I have been so hurt -what do I do?
6. I worry all the time, I have been so nervous-I don't even know why I am so anxious.
7.My doctor recommended I see a counselor. How would that help ? Isn't that for people who are mentally sick?
8. I feel so helpless and hopeless. I don't understand what has happened to me. How do I pull out of this?