What Differentiates The Northwest Suburban Office of Right at Home?
Each company that provides home services is recruiting from a finite supply of available caregivers in Chicagoland. This supply will tighten with every coming year due to the growing demand for home care.
How these individuals are screened, trained and managed makes all the difference in quality of care.
- Hire only 15% of applicants
- Behavior based phone and in person interviews
- 10 Panel Drug Screen
- IDPH Requires IL Fingerprings
- RAH also requires national county level 7 year criminal & Motor Vehicle Record checks
- IDPH requires 4 hours of training before work and another 4 within 30 days
- RAH require 11 to 29 hours of initial training depending on applicant's education/experience
- IDPH requires 8 hours of annual training
- RAH requires minimum of 12 hours annually
In addition to Homemaking and Personal Care:
- RAH offers Sitter Services, Right Now Backup Care, Facility Discharge Packages, EZ Meal Plan Portal, Go4Life Exercises, Dementia Live and Compassion Touch training for family and professional caregivers
- IDPH requires Supervisory Visits every 90 days, RAH schedules monthly client visits
- Detailed care plan agreed with care recipient and trusted advisers up front
- 24/7 staff coverage for case management and service inquiries
- Telephony system is monitored by care coordinator during day and employees and clients called if clock in doesn't record
- After hours coordinator follows up at night and weekends
- Family portal provides 24/7 access to daily care notes, time reporting, invoices and family room for messaging
- Quality Management
- Rounding calls to clients and employees 2x per month
- Right Pulse - A third party (Home Pulse) conducts quality management survey calls with 5% of clients and employees to gather specific quality of care data
- Maximum Flexibility with 1hr minimum up to 24/7, no weekly commitment regarding amount of hours scheduled and only 24 hour notice required to discontinue services
Right at Home is very active in the communities we serve by both networking with our referral sources and educating both consumers and professionals about the long term care industry.
- Started a senior focused readio show, Silver Solutions on August 2014 at WRMN 1410AM
- Offered educational and CEU events for both the community and health professionals
5.4% of current clients have been readmitted to hospital during first 30 days of service
- Our staff work with other healthcare providers to coordinate communication, remind and transport to physician appointments, prepare nutritious meals, remind and encourage exercise program setup by physical therapist, remind to take medications and keep homes safe and clean