Homemaker/Companion (Hoffman Estates, IL)
ASK ABOUT OUR HIRING BONUS!
Come Work With the Best Care Team
We pride ourselves on having a team that is knowledgeable, dedicated, kind, and understanding. Our Caregivers are compassionate, dependable, and show the initiative to live our mission: To Improve the Quality of Life for Those We Serve. If you are compassionate, caring, and want to make a difference in the lives of others, apply today.
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL
A Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Pay Range: $11-15/hr
Benefits and Recognition
- Sign-on Bonus
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Flexible Scheduling Options
- Direct Deposit
- Earned Wage Access (PayActiv)
- Paid Time Off
- Special Discounts With:
- Best Buy
- Paid Ongoing Training
- Start ASAP
Initial Training and Ongoing Education Opportunities
Our Caregivers have the knowledge they need to succeed. Your success begins with:
- 8 Hours Initial Training
- Thorough Review of Care Plan Prior to Assignment
Specialty Training Includes:
- RightCare Approach to Dementia and Cognitive Support
- Courses in IPCed Specifically for Alzheimer's and Dementia
- Dementia Live Experience
- Compassionate Touch Training
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.