Dear Client/Client Family:
As Right at Home’s greatest priority is the health and safety of our clients and caregivers, we wanted to connect with you on the coronavirus (COVID-19) and share with you protocols Right at Home is following. We recognize our team serves a vulnerable population, and we take that privilege very seriously. As potential exposure will remain lowest for those who can remain in their homes with limited outside contact, we will continue to take every possible precaution to maintain this option for your family. For clients we serve who reside in facilities or other group-type living situations, we will work closely with the facility on any protocols, exchange of information and other guidelines as necessary. If caregivers are working in a facility - they will be working in ONE facility only.
We are also following the CDC rules that a fever of 100.4 is a concern.
Our office staff will be working remotely for this week, and possibly next week as well, depending on how the situation changes. With technology we are able to stay in contact with each other very easily. We have implemented a caregiver Facebook page so that we can also be in contact with our care staff.
As part of our standard operating procedures, Right at Home has emergency preparedness plans in place for threats such as the one we currently face. In addition to these plans, we continue to actively monitor the recommendations and guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and our state and local departments of health. Below are the precautionary measures we have enacted:
- Ongoing screening of our clients and caregivers for symptoms of COVID-19 (see screening questions below).
- Office to maintain daily touchpoints with scheduled clients and caregivers to monitor symptoms.
- Caregivers to be removed from the schedule and asked to contact their physician if showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- According to privacy guidelines, caregivers to report any client potential COVID-19 symptoms to the office immediately for further investigation and, if needed, contact with family.
- Caregivers to wash their hands for a minimum of 20 seconds upon arrival and departure to a client’s home or facility.
- Caregivers to continue frequent and thorough handwashing throughout each visit and during their time outside of caregiving.
- Caregivers to encourage clients to participate in frequent and thorough handwashing.
- Caregivers to avoid touching both the client’s face and his/her own face with unwashed hands.
- Caregivers and Clients are encouraged to assist in disinfecting the client’s home or space in a facility.
In an abundance of caution, we have listed five brief questions below to aid us in the COVID-19 screening of all clients and caregivers, and any new assessments.
- Do you have or does anyone in your household have a new/worse cough or shortness of breath?
- Are you feeling feverish, or have you had shakes or chills in the last 24 hours?
- Have you traveled in the last 14 days to Iran or the Hubei province, China, Italy, Japan, Singapore or South Korea?
- Have you had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of someone with coronavirus?
- Have you had close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has been to Iran, China, Italy, Japan, Singapore or South Korea within 14 days prior to their illness onset?
We will stay in communication with you as any other pertinent information becomes available. We thank you for your assistance and the opportunity to serve you and your loved ones. If you should have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to our office at any time.
Sharon and Steve
Owners, Right at Home Northwest