A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.
Working under the supervision of experienced Care Managers and seasoned Personal Care Aides, the Personal Care Assistant Trainee provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes. This position is meant to give fresh Nurse Assistants and/or Home Care Aides the coaching, mentorship and applied experience. After one year of on the job experience and supervision, the job holder is considered fully qualified as a Personal Care Assistant.
30 Rewarding Reasons to Work for Right at Home Northwest
- Competitive wages based on experience and skills with a target to achieve a “Living Wage”
- Performance and skill-based pay increases
- Short-shift premiums
- Shift Cancelation pay
- Paid on-call opportunities (evenings and weekends)
- Flexi-shifts that are predictable
- Cash Advances based on hours worked
- Direct Deposit
- No hassle shift reporting by phone – no paper chasing
- Online schedules accessible from anywhere 24/7
- Input on Client Care Plans
- Paid Training
- Free WA State-approved CEUs
- On the job training and Case-specific training
- Professional and Career Development Training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Access to special Health and Dental Insurance
- Matching IRA contributions up to 3% of wages
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sick Leave
- Family Leave Pay
- Longevity Recognition
- Opportunities to Socialize with your peers and their families
- Reliability Reward
- 5-Star Caregiver Awards
- Super Star Awards
- Above & Beyond Award
- Referral Bonuses
- Caregiver of the Month/Year Awards
- Spot Awards - RAH RAH Bucks
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Home Care Aide course.
- Some work experience preferred in an areas other than as a Nurse Aide or Home Care Aide.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position receives mentorship and coaching to become proficient as a skilled Personal Care Aide.