A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Provides companionship for seniors including: accompanying senior clients on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Engages the senior in conversation.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms. Cleaning duties are never more than 20% of time spent on average as per company policy.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries and/or assist with meal planning.
- Assists with transporation and errands.
- May provide personal care and assistance if qualified (subsidized training available to qualify for WA State licensing as a Home Care Aide).
- We are seeking Retirees, Mature Adults, Family Caregivers, and Homemakers that are caring, compassionate and dependable.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.