Volunteering with a Paycheck - Homemaker/Companion
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home is seeking compassionate and caring individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are committed, person centered, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.
A Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
30 Rewarding Reasons to Work for Right at Home Northwest
- Competitive wages based on experience and skills with a target to achieve a “Living Wage”
- Performance and skill-based pay increases
- Short-shift premiums
- Shift Cancelation pay
- Paid on-call opportunities (evenings and weekends)
- Flexi-shifts that are predictable
- Cash Advances based on hours worked
- Direct Deposit
- No hassle shift reporting by phone – no paper chasing
- Online schedules accessible from anywhere 24/7
- Input on Client Care Plans
- Paid Training
- Free WA State-approved CEUs
- On the job training and Case-specific training
- Professional and Career Development Training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Access to special Health and Dental Insurance
- Matching IRA contributions up to 3% of wages
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Sick Leave
- Family Leave Pay
- Longevity Recognition
- Opportunities to Socialize with your peers and their families
- Reliability Reward
- 5-Star Caregiver Awards
- Super Star Awards
- Above & Beyond Award
- Referral Bonuses
- Caregiver of the Month/Year Awards
- Spot Awards - RAH RAH Bucks
- Provides companionship for seniors including: accompanying senior clients on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Engages the senior in conversation.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms. Cleaning duties are never more than 20% of time spent on average as per company policy.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries and/or assist with meal planning.
- Assists with transportation and errands.
- May provide personal care and assistance if qualified (subsidized training available to qualify for WA State licensing as a Home Care Aide).
- We are seeking Retirees, Mature Adults, Family Caregivers, and Homemakers that are caring, compassionate and dependable.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.