Incumbent works under the direction of the Director of Care Services to coordinate, develop, and manage our client & employee schedules from Friday afternoon through Monday morning. (Evening shift runs after hours from 5pm on Mon through 8am Friday). Incumbent will learn and assist with scheduling in the office however, the primary responsibility includes managing all aspects of business during weekend operations by fielding all weekend calls and processing to conclusion or routing them to appropriate managers. Incumbent is required to be available at all times during the scheduled shifts.
1. Answer all telephone calls in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner
2. Call caregivers to verify shifts for upcoming weekend and assist in answering phones during office hours
3. Monitor and manage schedules in Clear Care (an internet scheduling software) for up to the minute status
4. Triages incoming calls from caregivers/clients for scheduling changes, or services needed and forwards to appropriate personnel when necessary.
5. Manage all aspects of business during the weekend
6. Maintains clear and precise documentation in company software
7. Communicates essential information to care managers for new inquires, referrals or scheduling difficulties in a timely manner
8. Responds promptly and courteously to all clients’ or caregiver calls
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
1. High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 years of customer service experience in the healthcare field.
2. Desire to work with seniors
3. Ability to multi-task and stay calm in a fast paced environment while ensuring attention to detail
4. Basic office and computer skills and organizational abilities. Excellent interpersonal relations abilities.
5. Excellent communication skills via phone, in person, and in writing
6. Good customer service skills and the ability to ensure all client and employee needs are met in a timely manner
7. Able to work independently, demonstrating sound judgment
8. Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job
9. Ability to pass criminal background check & pre-employment drug screening requirements
1. Knowledge of Clear Care and/or scheduling software a plus
2. Background in eldercare
3. Preferred Knowledge of in-home care, experience in the caregiving/medical field, and/or a current LPN, or CNA license or equivalent
Works primarily out of the home