Bellingham, WA
(360) 392-3934

Serving our Veterans

Right at Home Northwest is committed to providing our aging veterans with the services that they need and are entitled to receive. As a partnered home care provider for the VA Puget Sound Health Care System, we are able to deliver personal care and respite services to qualified veterans, often at no out of pocket cost.

Veterans Care CoordinationQualified veterans may be entitled to weekly care authorizations through the VA’s Homemaker and Home Health Aide (HHHA) program. These authorizations can range between 8 and 28 hours of care per week and may be used for personal care services including help with mobility, hygiene/bathing assistance, meal prep, and light housekeeping. Additionally, many veterans who qualify for HHHA services also qualify for their family caregiver to receive a yearly respite authorization. Respite authorizations are intended to give family caregivers a break from being the main care provider and allow for 30 six-hour care visits during a calendar year.

Making Sure Veterans Receive the Benefits They Are Entitled To

For service connected veterans and their surviving spouses, an Aid and Attendance Benefit through the VA may be available. Unlike the HHHA and Respite authorizations, the Aid and Attendance Benefit pays funds to the veteran directly to be used for living and home care expenses.

Right at Home Northwest and Veterans Care Coordination™ (VCC) have partnered to help veterans get the non-medical in-home care they need through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Pension with Aid and Attendance benefit. Right at Home Care Managers are able to work with you to collect information and help to determine if you are eligible for this benefit. We work together to simplify the qualification process and can often help to get care started almost immediately.

What is the Pension with Aid and Attendance Benefit?

The Pension with Aid and Attendance benefit is a pension amount issued by the VA that allows for eligible veterans and their surviving spouses to access non-medical in-home care services.

Who is eligible for the Pension with Aid and Attendance Benefit?

  • Are you a veteran, spouse, or surviving spouse of a veteran?
  • Did you or your spouse serve in the military with an honorable discharge?
  • Do you have a non-service-related medical condition?

If eligible, you may qualify for funds for home care services such as:

  • Meal preparation
  • Bathing and hygiene
  • Light housekeeping
  • Companionship/respite care
  • And more…


Find out if you qualify with this downloadable form.

5ca81c1a-c41a-4375-b275-2095d60b2fd8 LocalSite