What Makes A Culture
While attending a recent Palliative Care Conference, two of our Care Management staff were overheard talking about their work when a women apologized for interrupting and said that she just wanted to say how great a work culture the two must have based on how switched on they were. When asked what she thought made the culture that way, Lori, one of the Care Managers present replied, ‘it’s just us – its how we think and act, it’s just who we are. We are passionate about our mission to improve the quality of life of those we serve and are committed to delivering on it every day.”
Lori’s right – ‘it’s us’ as she said. In reality, ‘us’ is the result of a careful and considered recruiting and development process. We do our utmost to find and develop like-minded, like-hearted people to join our team. Those that share our passion for our mission, vision and values will eventually become the ‘us’ that Lori is referring to and they will find Right at Home Northwest a great place to work and grow.
To improve the quality of life of the people we serve – this includes our care staff as well as our clients and their families.
A professional and compassionate team of caregivers that have meaningful careers, opportunities to learn and grow, flexible schedules to support their chosen lifestyles, and the opportunities to earn what they need to support themselves and their families.
Our STAR Team Values
The STAR Team Values are at the heart of what makes Right at Home Northwest a unique place to work. We take our work seriously and set high standards for our colleagues and ourselves. We hold each other accountable to these standards so that our clients and their families get the very best care and service experience possible.
- We serve our clients with professionalism, compassion and respect
- We serve the client’s entire circle of care – family and professionals
- We serve and support each other
- We serve our communities
- We work as a team
- We play to our strengths and cover each other’s weaknesses
- We strive to understand and communicate well
- We value team success above individual success
- We deliver on our word and take personal responsibility for our actions
- We stay within our scope of practice and refer to others when necessary
- We learn from our mistakes and use them as opportunities to improve
- We hold each other accountable to achieve our standards of excellence
- We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect
- We respect people’s property and their beliefs
- We advocate for those who cannot advocate for themselves
- We preserve our client’s sense of self-choice (autonomy) despite any diminished capacity
Our Secret Sauce – The 5-Star Caregiver
To support our vision, mission, and values, Right at Home Northwest recruits, trains, and develops our caregiving staff that exemplify the 5 Ps of what we call a 5-Star Caregiver:
- Professional and compassionate
- Personable and friendly
- Proficient and competent
- Prompt and reliable
- Passionate for our mission to improve the quality of life of those we serve
Become one of our Care Associates
Professional caregivers that join our team are referred to as Care Associates, not just as caregivers. Anybody can be a caregiver, but not everyone can be a Right at Home Care Associate. We understand that our clients may refer to our staff as their caregiver, that’s okay, but when we talk to members of our own team we use the title Care Associate to remind us that they are co-members of our larger mission to improve the quality of life of those we serve. As our Care Associates, they deserve our respect and support.
Care Associates are our business partners on the front lines. They are involved in the planning and delivery of care under the supervision and direction of a senior member of our Care Management Team. Every Care Associate is given a Care Manager as a supervisor. This is to ensure that Care Associates are directly plugged into the Care Management Team and have a dedicated coach, mentor, and advocate to supervise, develop and guide them to be their very best.
Our Promise to our Care Associates
- We promise to help you become the best you can be. We will equip you as a professional by providing best in class training and support and by investing in your professional and personal development and growth. When you grow, we grow.
- We promise to coach you to success. We’re always available to support you and offer you tips and advice on how to be the best at delivering care to clients. When you succeed, we succeed.
- We promise to keep the lines of communication open. We will listen to your ideas and suggestions, as you are critical to our success in providing the best possible care to clients. We will provide you timely information and feedback about the care you provide to clients. We welcome your feedback. The more we listen, the more we can learn. The more we learn, the more we can improve.
- We promise to have your back. If you are doing the right things, the right way, and for the right reasons, we will support you through thick and thin. If you make a well-meaning mistake, we will help you learn from it and move on. We are strengthened as a team by overcoming the challenges we face together.
- We promise to celebrate your success. We will appreciate the good work you do, recognize above and beyond efforts, and reward you with competitive pay, bonuses, and benefits. We share the benefits of our collective success.