Homemaker/Companion (Clearing/Chicago IL)
Join Our Care Team
At Right at Home the right Caregiver has compassion and understands that someone else is depending on them. Our Caregivers have excellent communication skills and are able to keep up with the changes in clients and in training. At Right at Home we are a complete team and you are family. As part of that team we are always in contact, we care about your personal well being and respectful of your schedule and commute.
A Homemaker/Companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Pay Range: Start at $12.00/hr with Yearly Raises and Bonuses if Applicable
Benefits and Recognition
- We offer a Caregiver of the Month program which includes a $50 Gift Card, Recognition Pin and featured in the office and on social media.
- We send out weekly Thank You's on Fridays
- Caregiver Meet and Greets at a local restaurant
- Holiday Parties
- We participate in National Caregiver's Week
- Daily Trivia Question with Prizes
- Annual Pot Luck.
Caregiver Referral Program: $50 Bonus for Caregiver Referrals After Referral's First 90 Days at Work (There is No Cap on how many referrals you can make!)
Initial Training and Ongoing Educational Opportunities
All Caregivers are briefed on the client care plan prior to them taking the case and a follow up is done after their first shift as are follow ups with the client.
Specialty Training Offered Includes: Alzheimer's and Dementia Care, MS, Parkinson's and more.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- 6 months to 1 year of caregiving experience.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Legal to work in the United States of America.
- Drug Free
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- No disqualifying convictions, Illinois Fingerprint Background Check, Clean MVR & Background check.