In Home Companion | Norwich, CT
Right at Home is looking for Companions to serve our clients throughout Montville, Gales Ferry, Ledyard, North Stonington, New London, East Lyme, Niantic, CT.
Tired of jumping job to job? Don’t you want a better quality of life by having more stability? Well look no further…
With joining the “A” team, you have the unique opportunity to improve the quality of life to those you will serve by working at Right at Home, an In-Home Service & Assistance company, and one of the fastest growing international in-home senior service companies with over 25 years of experience.
We need your brains, ambition and passion to continue to help people bridge the gap and gift peace of mind to those you serve. Working with us will give you the financial rewards and flexibility to suit your lifestyle. You’ll get recognized for you efforts and will truly make a lasting difference.
What You’ll Do and Who You Are:
The good news is that your training will teach you everything you need to know to succeed on the job. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- We have a great work culture at Right at Home and look for people with a similar mindset. You're the honest, energetic and approachable type; able to get along and communicate easily with people at all levels. You're never short of a smile and take real pride in your work; cope well under pressure and thrive on a challenge.
- You don’t mind getting a little dirty…this could include (but not limited to) assistance with eating, personal hygiene, light housekeeping, laundry and other household chores.
- You don’t have to be a gourmet chef but you can prepare a good meal and work your way around a kitchen.
- You are able to assist the client in many ways, this could include (but are not limited to), medication reminders, assisting with exercises, reminding forgetful clients, companionship activities such as reading, music, puzzles, etc.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have reliable consistent means of communication
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- You must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have the ability to pass a full employment background check
Nice to Have’s:
- 6 month experience as a Companion preferred
- 1-3 years of experience as a Companion (in homes or facilities)
- Flexibility! We work with you to set your schedule
- PAID training and development
- Paid travel time in between clients & mileage
- Extremely Positive Work Environment
- Employee Discount Programs
- Recognition, celebrations and great team interactions!
Why Right at Home?
We truly believe that where you work matters and as a company who believes in improving the lives of those that we serve, we think we know a thing or two about what makes our employees happy.
Here is what our employees say about us:
- “It’s wonderful to work for a company that treats their employees with the same compassion and respect they want us to provide to clients.”
- “I know I’m never alone! If I have a question or an issue, there is always someone available to help me. This means the world to me!”
Why Join Our Team?
This is your chance to make a difference in the world by serving one person at a time. Find the job you love – join Right at Home.
Keep in mind, this is just basic information. You'll find out more after you apply. As an independently-owned franchised or licensed locations may have different requirements.
*If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time by contacting the location nearest to you. These responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hourApply Now