Right at Home Old Saybrook is looking for live-in caregivers!
This position provides various personal care and related paraprofessional service in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for the client in their home or place of residence. They maintain a safe and clean environment.
Why you should work for Right at Home Old Saybrook
- Flexibility - Work as many hours as you want
- Right at Home University - Superior training opportunities to develop your career
- Recognition and Awards - We reward you for doing a great job
- Right at Home will try to match you with clients in your town
- Top Paying Home Care Agency
- Bonuses available for Stellar Performance
- We offer 24-hour support to help you whenever needed
- The Right Care Approach - We are the Right People, doing the Right Things, the Right Way, for the Right Reason!
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using a bedpan, bathing, mouth care, skin care, hair care)
- Will prepare meals and snacks according to the client/family instructions
- Performs patient specific activities which may include (but not limited to):
- Assisting with range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing specialized diets
- Taking vital signs
- Medication reminders
- Performs various homemaking activities as defined in the Client Home Record such as (not an inclusive list): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping/mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, and doing laundry.
- May perform errands and/or provide transportation as needed
- Lives in the client’s home for 4-7 days per week (EITHER to fill-in occasionally OR for an extended permanent position)
- High School graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Experience as a CNA, HHA, or PCA in the home or a facility
- Successfully completed a state approved Nurse Aide, Home Health Aide, or Personal Care Assistant program.
- CPR Certification is recommended
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of an insured motor vehicle or access to adequate transportation.