Do you feel you have always made great connections and love engaging with seniors? Would you love to watch your client flourish in the place they call home because of YOUR one on one care? Right at Home of Orland Park is seeking a dependable, caring individual that enjoys improving the quality of life in the lives of seniors and the disabled in Chicagoland south suburban communities. Make a difference in someone’s life every day!
Be part of a team that cares for their clients and caregivers as well! Voted by our caregivers - Employer of Choice 2016, 2017 and 2018! Supported by a strong office team and field supervisor that sets you up for success with our clients and gives recognition for superior customer service. Your success is our success! Competitive wages, initial and annual training available, accrued sick leave, annual employee party, ongoing recognition for a job well done. We work around your established work schedule to achieve a consistent and happy match between you and your client.
A Personal Care caregiver provides various personal care and homemaker services according to your skill level and in accordance with a customized plan of care for each client. Provides for the personal and homemaker needs in comfort of client’s home.
Seeking Caregivers in the Following Locations
Orland Park, Tinley Park, Oak Lawn, Frankfort, and New Lenox
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Assist with ambulation and transfers
- Application of an external catheter
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Dressing / Grooming
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.
- Provide superior customer service to our clients and exhibit exceptional work ethic.