Be part of a team that cares for their clients and caregivers as well! Voted by our caregivers- Employer of Choice 2016 and 2017! Supported by a strong office team that sets you up for success with our clients and gives recognition for superior customer service.
Looking for a dependable, caring individual that enjoys improving the quality of life in the lives of seniors and the disabled in the south suburban community. Make a difference in someone’s life every day! Initial and annual training available.
Provides various personal care and homemaker services according to your skill level and in accordance with a customized plan of care for each client. Provides for the personal and homemaker needs in comfort of client’s home
- Performs personal and homemaker care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Application of an external catheter
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Homemaker or Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Certified Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.
- Provide superior customer service to our clients and exhibit exceptional work ethic.