Right at Home Palm Beach homemaker/companions provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. They performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for our clients in their residences.
- Maintenance of a clean, safe and healthy environment, which may include light cleaning and straightening of the bathroom, straightening the sleeping and living areas, washing the patient's or client's dishes or laundry, and such tasks to maintain cleanliness and safety for the patient or client.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- Takes and records accurate patient vital signs when advised.
- Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living, such as a wheelchair or walker
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- Min. 6 months of experience in home care preferred.
- Palm Beach County now requires a PBC Home Caregiver Badge