Alzheimers Home Care in Palm Beach Gardens
As a family member or friend of someone with Alzheimer’s and Dementia, you shoulder a particularly heavy burden. Helping this person keep some sort of normalcy is key and the type of care needed is physically and emotionally demanding. Right at Home Palm Beach Gardens is here to help. Understanding that you are not alone is the first step.
- Over 4.5 million people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
- About one in ten people over age 65 have the disease.
- Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia affect up to 50 percent of people over the age of 85.
Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
Right at Home Palm Beach Gardens wants you to know that providing specialized non-medical Alzheimer’s care services in the home is one of the most positive ways you can help. Most Alzheimer's patients-particularly those in the early and middle stages of the illness-can be cared for at home instead of at nursing homes or other facilities.
- More than half of all diagnosed Alzheimer's patients continue to live in home settings.
- 80 to 90 percent of these rely on family and friends for care.
With Right at Home Palm Beach Gardens specialty Alzheimer's home care services, your loved one will receive a customized care regimen that will take into account their environment and special needs, thereby making daily life less difficult and stressful.
Top Rated By Caring.com
Benefits of Homecare for Alzheimer's Patients:
- Familiar frame of reference
- Freedom to move about in a more familiar and unrestricted space
- A way to minimize those stresses that can aggravate the symptoms of dementia and the Alzheimer’s disease
- Daily orientation to time, place, person
- Continuity of daily routines and schedule
Professional Caregiving Services
Once you determine you need outside help, whether temporary respite assistance or a plan for ongoing support, Right at Home can assess the needs of your loved one and your family to create a person-centered care plan that fits the unique circumstances of your family. Right at Home’s custom care plans ensure all interactions:
- Focus on ability, not disability.
- Pay attention to nutrition.
- Help with well-being.
- Support perception and safety.
- Assist with recognition and orientation.
- Keep communication flowing in relationships and within families.
Our agency provides services that are applicable to and suitable for people with Alzheimer’s disease or related disorders. Our caregivers receive training and are knowledgeable regarding the stages of Alzheimer’s disease, how it manifests, common problematic behaviors, strategies to adequately deal with them, and safety issues. Each person with Alzheimer’s disease will experience the symptoms and progression of the illness differently and will become more dependent over time. The services our agency provides to clients with any type of dementia are based on their specific needs and how those needs progress and change over time.
These services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Completing home safety assessments and making recommendations regarding the home environment, including strategies to reduce the client’s risk of falls or injury, and containing anything in the home that may be potentially dangerous to someone with dementia.
- Assistance with creating a routine and schedule that takes into consideration when the client is feeling his/her best and most alert, allocating enough time for breaks during activities and daily tasks. Caregivers will involve the client with dementia as much as possible with the least amount of assistance needed—for example, giving visual cues on how to complete a task or laying out clothes for the client. Routines will focus on reducing distractions, redirecting, and providing simple instructions.
- Teaching coping strategies and providing family education in response to the client living with the losses typical of dementia.
- Participating in activities related to the client’s interests in order to engage the client physically, mentally, and emotionally. Allocating time to complete activities that make the client happy, provide mental stimulation and encourage physical and emotional wellbeing. This can include listening to music together from the client's favorite era, reading an old favorite book, doing memory exercises like looking through family photos or discussing current events. Caregivers will also play games with clients to support cognitive function.
- Helping with organization, money management, remembering and keeping appointments, and accompanying the client during exercise or walking, taking adequate precautions for any potential wandering or sundowning behavior.
- Providing services to clients in memory care centers.
We offer caregiving services for almost any family in practically any situation, and we are trained to recognize changes in your loved one’s behavior. We’re committed to providing the care that’s right for your loved one.
A Guide for Those Supporting Loves Ones
With Dementia or Cognitive Change
Once you determine you need outside help, whether temporary respite care assistance or a plan for ongoing support, our Palm Beach Gardens home care specialists can assess the needs of your family and your loved one to create a person-centered care plan to fit the unique circumstances of your family.
Alzheimer's Care Information and Resources
More than six million people in the U.S. and U.K. are living with Alzheimer's or dementia.
About one in ten people over the age of 65 have Alzheimer's and the disease affects more than 50 percent of people over the age of 85.
For a great resource on coping with Alzheimer's or dementia in your family, visit the caregiving section of the Alzheimer’s Association website.
Providing Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Services in Palm Beach Gardens
Our professional caregivers provide quality Alzheimer’s and Dementia home care Palm Beach Gardens. Contact Right at Home at (561) 282-6106 to get started on your Custom Care Plan.