Alzheimers Home Care in Palm Beach Gardens
As a family member or friend of someone with Alzheimer’s and Dementia, you shoulder a particularly heavy burden. Helping this person keep some sort of normalcy is key and the type of care needed is physically and emotionally demanding. Right at Home Palm Beach Gardens is here to help. Understanding that you are not alone is the first step.
- Over 4.5 million people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.
- About one in ten people over age 65 have the disease.
- Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia affect up to 50 percent of people over the age of 85.
Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
Right at Home Palm Beach Gardens wants you to know that providing specialized non-medical Alzheimer’s care services in the home is one of the most positive ways you can help. Most Alzheimer's patients-particularly those in the early and middle stages of the illness-can be cared for at home instead of at nursing homes or other facilities.
- More than half of all diagnosed Alzheimer's patients continue to live in home settings.
- 80 to 90 percent of these rely on family and friends for care.
With Right at Home Palm Beach Gardens specialty Alzheimer's home care services, your loved one will receive a customized care regimen that will take into account their environment and special needs, thereby making daily life less difficult and stressful.
Top Rated By Caring.com
Benefits of Homecare for Alzheimer's Patients:
- Familiar frame of reference
- Freedom to move about in a more familiar and unrestricted space
- A way to minimize those stresses that can aggravate the symptoms of dementia and the Alzheimer’s disease
- Daily orientation to time, place, person
- Continuity of daily routines and schedule
A Guide for Those Supporting Loves Ones
With Dementia or Cognitive Change
Once you determine you need outside help, whether temporary respite care assistance or a plan for ongoing support, our Palm Beach Gardens home care specialists can assess the needs of your family and your loved one to create a person-centered care plan to fit the unique circumstances of your family.
Alzheimer's Care Information and Resources
More than six million people in the U.S. and U.K. are living with Alzheimer's or dementia.
About one in ten people over the age of 65 have Alzheimer's and the disease affects more than 50 percent of people over the age of 85.
For a great resource on coping with Alzheimer's or dementia in your family, visit the caregiving section of the Alzheimer’s Association website.
Providing Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Services in Palm Beach Gardens
Our professional caregivers provide quality Alzheimer’s and Dementia home care Palm Beach Gardens. Contact Right at Home at (561) 282-6106 to get started on your Custom Care Plan.