Living with Diabetes
Diabetes develops when your body becomes resistant to the effects of insulin or when your pancreas produces some, but not enough, insulin to maintain a normal glucose level. Insulin is a hormone produced in the pancreas that regulates the absorption of sugar into your cells.
For those with diabetes, leading a healthy and active life depends on good diabetes management. Good management reduces the risk of complications, such as heart and circulatory disease, which individuals with diabetes are three times more likely to develop.
Top Rated by Caring.com
"This agency was a pleasure to work with! They were very responsive, and available to talk to at any time. They provided immediate care according to our schedule, and when we thought we needed a different home aide, they had a new one there the next day. My dad felt taken care of and provided for, which gave us peace of mind. I would highly recommend using Right at Home!" - Linda Brown
Providing Specific Diabetes In-Home Care Services
Right at Home Palm Beach Gardens’ caregivers can work with you to develop a specially geared home health care program that focuses on diabetes management.
These services can include:
- Education on how daily activities affect blood glucose levels
- Appropriate food and meal planning
- Exercise and activity suggestions
- Meal Preparation
- Grocery Shopping
Diabetes Information and Resources
- According to the Florida Department of Health, there are over 90,000 residents living with diabetes in Palm Beach County.
- More than 1.5 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed every year.
- Almost 25 percent of people over the age of 65 have diabetes.
- More than 90 percent of diabetics have type 2 diabetes.
View all our in home care services in Palm Beach Gardens and contact Right at Home Palm Beach Gardens at (561) 282-6106 to get started on your Custom Care Plan. Our professional caregivers provide diabetes care services in Palm Beach Gardens area including Boynton Beach, Greenacres, Juno Beach, Jupiter, Lake Worth, North Palm Beach, Riviera Beach, and Wellington.