Right at Home CNAs provides various personal care and paraprofessional services in accordance to a Custom Care Plan. Our CNAs will provide for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- Six months experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) course.
- Up to date CPR Certifications preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid FL driver’s license and insured vehicle
- This position requires 75 hours of technical training