Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting or performing personal care including bathing, grooming, and dressing to allow the client to maintain their independence safely.
- Maintaining a safe, clean environment through light housekeeping including changing bed linens, dusting and vacuuming, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
- Providing companionship for the client including reading, encouraging exercise, playing board games to stimulated cognitive development, singing, and any other activities the client may enjoy, and accompanying the client to doctors or other appointments.
- Provide emotional and motivational support through engaging conversation.
- Prepares meals and feeds client when necessary.
- Transport and accompany the client to community activities, run various errands such as grocery shopping or salon.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality concerning patient and family information. (required)
- Perform all assigned task in accordance with a Custom Care Plan as instructed by our Director of Client Services.
- Home Health Aide certification
- Level 2 Background w/ fingerprints
- Palm Beach County Caregiver Badge
- Valid Driver's License
- Current Auto Insurance
- Current CPR Certified
- Current TB or Chest X-ray
- Alzheimer's certificate (MUST be DOEA approved)
- HIV/AIDS certificate
- Assisting with Self-Administration of Medications certificate
- 1 letter of recommendation
In accordance with the Board of County Commissioners, Palm Beach County Home Health Aides and Companions are required to have a PBC Badge. All applicants must come to scheduled interviews with the badge.