Personal Care Assistant (PCA)
Location: Portsmouth, NH
Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
Right at Home Offers:
- Shift differentials starting after 3pm!
- Paid time off
- Unlimited rock star bonuses
- Flexible start date
- Time and mileage reimbursement
- Flexible schedule
- Personalized client / Caregiver matches
- Nurse lead training room to prepare you for the field
- Backed by a large company with room for growth
- Employee referral bonus program - $200
- Monthly raffle
- Discount scrub program
- Caregiver of the month
- Highly competitive rates
- Right at Home University (CEUs)
- We VALUE our PCAs